If you are a business with employees, you have certain legal and moral responsibilities. One way to ensure you comply with those responsibilities is to have a QHSE management system in place.
According to BusinessDictionary.com, Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management approach is based on the belief that all accidents are caused by human error. Therefore, they can be prevented with better training and administration. QHSE plays a big role in any business which wishes to succeed.
Why QHSE matters to a business
- It builds a healthier workforce
- It increases the competency and productivity of all types and levels of employees and workers
- It improves the commitment of employees to the company
- It promotes and protects the company’s image and its brand and values
- It shows how socially responsible a business is
- It boosts a company’s chance to gain ISO accreditation
- It ensures that a business complies with government laws and industry regulations
- It prevents accidents and injury in the workplace, therefore decreasing business disruptions and costs
Challenge of implementing QHSE management system
Businesses must keep up with the changing times to ensure they remain competitive. Keeping up with change includes adapting to evolving QHSE regulations.
Complying with quality, health, safety, and environmental standards is a huge job for anyone, and not all companies have the luxury of hiring a dedicated QHSE manager. Thankfully, there is training available for businesses which need guidance on how to implement the best QHSE management system using their current resources.
There is also QHSE management system software available in the market. This product allows for better streamlining, monitoring, training, and application. Utilising such a software makes it easier for a business to maintain compliance and to successfully implement their QHSE management system. Take a look at integrum
Benefits of using QHSE management software
Businesses will only benefit from the digitalisation of their operations, including their QHSE management approach.
- You can streamline and be more flexible with your data collection. For example, you can easily log information on incidents into a set of predetermined data. You can also store your data online or offline, ensuring you are able to access important information even when the network is down. Furthermore, you will have backup storage for your important data.
- You can be more mobile and work more remotely. Most QHSE software provides the option to sync the program to your mobile devices. This means you can collect, monitor, and present reports, training, or recommendations even from your smartphone or tablet. You are also able to access or present data in real time or on demand.
- You can improve the accuracy of your data. The software allows you to have a more centralised and controlled resource of data. This is especially helpful when there is more than one person who works in the QHSE management team who handles the data. QHSE software helps in presenting more accurate, consistent, and high-quality data for better reporting, analysis, and implementation.
The digital transformation of your QHSE management approach is an efficient solution to push your business forward. However, for it to work most effectively, make sure you select the best software for your business needs.
The Integrum company in Australia specialises in QHSE Risk & Compliance Software. They are a leading provider of information management software used by companies and SMEs across the globe. Get to know more about their products at integrumsystems.com.